Key compounds & chemicals
In other words, it could be the treatment, and the clean-up crew for previous failed treatments.
Benefits of Reishi
According to the Chinese Ancient Medical publications "Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing" and "Ben Cao Gang Mu" (Compendium of Materia Medica) are as the following:
- May Boost Internal Body Ying & Yang (immune system), May Help Maintain a healthier Body
- May enhances the body's internal Qi (immune system) and increases the body's internal self-defense mechanisms against bad cell. Modern scientific researchers found that Lingzhi enhances the function of monocytic macrophages by activating the synthesis of interleukin. It enhances the blood synthesis capacity, particularly at the white blood cell level. Proper and sustained usage of Lingzhi produces an inhibiting effect on cell mutation, and becomes one of the most effective dietary supplements for body maintenance. It can be used as a dietary supplement in combination with clinical tumor treatments, and with any other daily food.
- May help maintain liver and help with detoxification of the body. It is said Reishi is able to help protect the liver from damage caused by various chemical and biological treatments. Reishi can be used before liver discomforts happen, or afterward in a combination treatment plan as a dietary supplement. Lingzhi's primary function is to help speed up the metabolism and reduce the toxic substances in the liver. Lingzhi may also help relieve certain discomforts associated with chronic hepatitis and minimizes associated and related symptoms such as dizziness and fatigue.
- May Help Maintain the Body’s Circulation System. Chinese and Japanese clinical studies and experiments with animals confirm Reishi can effectively dilate coronary arteries, increase coronary blood vessel flow, and improve circulation in cardiac muscle capillaries. This, in turn, may increase the supply of oxygen and energy to cardiac muscles. It may help protect the heart from a shortage of blood supply, and may also help prevent heart disease and nausea.
- May balance blood cholesterol by preveting the formation of arterial athermanous. If athermanous patches are already formed, Resihi may help reduce the cholesterol in the arterial wall and soften the blood vessel to avoid further damage. It may improve blood circulation and prevent the aggregation of blood platelets.
- May help support aging process.The polysaccharides and polypeptides found in Lingzhi may help delay aging through the following according to Japanese researches: Lingzhi polysaccharides may help enhance DNA synthesis in the cell nucleus, which may result in delayed aging.
- May Have a Calming Effect. Relieves Depression, and Helping Sleep The Chinese use Reishi to treat neurasthenia and insomnia. Extracts from Reishi may work on the central nervous system, so as to calm the body. In ancient Chinese medical publications, Reishi was said to "stabilize emotion", "increase wisdom", and "enhance memory power". Recent reports state that Reishi has a prominent effect on insomnia caused by neurasthenia. Generally, it takes a period of 10 to 15 days for sleep patterns to improve, appetite to increase and body weight to stabilize. Reishi has a relatively strong effect on the central nervous system. To date, the effects of Reishi on neurasthenia and insomnia has been clearly described and stated in the published “China State Medicine Book”.
- May Help Balance & Maintain Blood Pressure. Laboratory tests have showed that Reishi can effectively balance the blood pressure. Reishi is currently being used in Chinese clinics to help maintain patients’ blood pressures; these test cases have been reported to have an 88% success rate. It was found that Lingzhi also extends and stabilizes the effects of other blood pressure medicines.
- May Help Balance and Maintain Blood Sugar. It has been found by Japanese and Chinese clinically tests that Reishi “Ganoderma B and C” may help lower blood glucose levels. In China, research has shown that by enhancing utilization of blood glucose by body tissues, Reishi can serve as a supplement to insulin to inhibit the release of fatty acids. Chinese studies reflect that blood glucose can be reduced from 173 to 116, cholesterol from 233 to 179, and Beta-protein from 580 to 465.
- May Help Maintain Respiratory System. Both the popular ancient Chinese medical publications, "Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing" and "Ben Cao Gang Mu" (Compendium of Materia Medica), written in the Han and Ming Dynasties, provide detailed descriptions of the effects of Reishi on respiratory disorders. Reishi may stop coughing, may help clear sputum, and may help suppress asthma. It may also relieve symptoms of related respiratory discomforts. Reishi plays a significant role in activates the immune system, it may help prevent contracting the flu and other common colds according to some scientific researches.
- May Help Relieve Allergies. If the body is invaded by an antigen that elicits an immunological reaction leading to various abnormalities and immunopathological symptoms, Reishi may be effective in suppressing negative reactions and help the body recover more rapidly. Chinese experiments show that Lingzhi helps stop the release of hyper-reactive factors and helps prevent the development of allergic reactions. Lingzhi has been found to help alleviate the symptoms of asthma, joints discomforts, heart discomforts, allergic discomforts and certain skin discomforts.
- May Be Beneficial to Beauty Care. Ganoderma Lucidum may retain and regulate water in the skin and helps maintain the skin's elasticity, keeping the skin hydrated and smooth. It may also help to inhibit the formation and deposit of melanin in skin. Today, Ganoderma Lucidum beauty care products are becoming new stars in the cosmetic industry. By adding Reishi into daily food, not only can one’s skin be kept smooth but it may also help prevent bacterial infections according to Japanese researches. in addition to the above, Reishi may help to inhibit the formation and deposit effects; Reishi has been reported by world scientific researchers that it may help stimulate blood synthesis. Ganoderma Lucidum may help enable the body to block viral infections. Ganoderma may also help increase the body's tolerance against polluted environments. It may be beneficial to suppress over-contraction of the uterine muscles for those who have irregular menstrual cycles. Lingzhi may also be effective in alleviating retinal, brain, and abnormal muscular development issues. Ganoderma Lucidum may act as a pain reliever for headaches according to Chinese and Japanese researches.
General useReishi mushrooms are recommended as a general tonic for health, energy, and longevity. They are prescribed for diseases including coronary heart disease, cancer, aids and for such chronic infections such as bronchitis, hepatitis, and mononucleosis.
In clinical studies, Reishi mushrooms have been shown to be non-toxic in high doses, and severe side effects have not been observed. Mild side effects may include stomach upset, dry mouth, diarrhoea, and skin rash, and generally disappear after several days.
Side effects can be alleviated by stopping use, or in the case of stomach upset and diarrhoea, taking the supplement with meals.